Monday 16 July 2012

Seafood in Mustard Cream.







Today I have concocted an outstanding recipe with very simple ingredients. It-is-yum-my!


Right, you should know that I am on a diet. I am trying to shed a few pounds ...nothing worrying. Really.

And it's not like I'm not eating. On the contrary sometimes I feel like the only thing I didn't eat was the table. What I AM missing though, is the junk food, the saturated fats. I am dying for hobnobs...and Nutella... 


Anyhoo, I know all the diet junkies will know about this method, who was invented (?) by a French doctor who was at some point radiated from the Ordre des Médecins for reasons that I did not investigate. Yes I am talking about Dr Dukan. 
So, I am following this diet. I am on the second phase called "Cruise" and have so far lost a bit more than 2 kg roughly.
This is a diet which is low in carbs and high in proteins. High in proteins means that you can have shedloads of meat and most importantly fish and seafood. 

Today, after a hard Monday at work, I have come home, stood in front of the cooker, and in 5 minutes came up with this recipe. It must have been the silent desperation that engulfs your being only at the mere thought of "being on a diet"

To cut a long story short, here's the ingredients and the steps to prepare this dish.


You will need:

  • a selection of cooked seafood  (I got mine from Waitrose - very nice indeed)
  • 1 tbs low fat cheese (I used Quark - I think cottage cheese would work too or Extra Light Philadelphia even better but naughtier!)
  • 1 tsp of Dijon Mustard 
  • 1 shallot - thinly sliced
  • garlic - discretionary, you can leave it whole so it gives un profumo to the dish
  • salt & pepper
  • Tabasco
  • parsley
  • some lemon juice



Fry together the sliced shallot, the garlic and the seafood so that the shallot can cook with the seafood juices rather than adding water. 
When it starts making bubbles add the cheese and the mustard and lower to a simmer. Let it cook for a few minutes then add some freshly chopped parsley, some drops of lemon juice, season with salt & pepper and let the liquid become a creamy sauce. 
Put your seafood in a dish and serve with some Tabasco.
The selection of seafood I used was about 200g and I ate it all as my main course. You can also split it into two or three and get yourself a lovely antipasto di mare. Yum!


Buon Appetito, and see you soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment